My definition of an SBA today* is a Stylish Blogger Award: I had great surprise and delight in receiving a nomination from Robyn of Sew Love Red.
I hadn't previously come across Robyn's blog but I was very pleased to find it, since she makes elegant, very wearable clothes that don't look homemade! Oh, and plus she's here in Australia!
In accepting this nomination I have to tell you 7 things you wouldn't know about me, and nominate seven other bloggers for the award. Here goes:
- I was born in America, but my first words were French, which I don't really speak anymore.
- I once saw a ghost - in the living room of the house I grew up in, in the middle of the day, when I was supposed to be studying for a uni maths exam. It terrified me and it didn't seem to be going anywhere from the arm of the sofa where it was sitting (staring at me) so I grabbed some books and ran outside where I continued my studies on the lawn.
- When I get bored in meetings I draw my colleagues or people walking past the meeting room windows.
- I was bitten by a spider on the toe about 15 months ago and have a wonky scar for it which still itches like mad every now and then. I don't know what kind of spider it was but I had to take antibiotics because the bite site wouldn't heal. I don't think it was necrotising but it was quite worrying at the time. Don't do the gardening barefoot!
- I am scared of moths, even the tiny ones, and butterflies. Not to do with the laying of eggs on clothes, but to do with what their heads and bodies look like close-up.
- I think I could live on chocolate mousse.
- I get cross with the TV (newspaper) when I hear (see) "bought" instead of "brought", or "decimated" when they don't mean it. And I hate reading words like "lo", "lite", and "hi".
pattern - scissors - cloth
Yoshimi the Flying Squirrel
My happy sewing place
3 Hours Past the Edge of the World
Bloom's Fabric Obsession
* I probably should be paying attention to the other kind of SBA but I can't really be bothered - cos there's always the options of padding, push ups, and other possibilities.