Thursday 30 December 2010

My Late 1980s to Mid 1990s Sewing Wishlist

Coming off my very recent post this may seem odd, but I have to confess to still appreciating some 1990s and 1980s styles.

I used to sew in a serious manner (eg no silly t-shirts) back in the late 1980s to mid 1990s, and there were some patterns I sewed back then that I would love to make again.  But to do so would require adjustments / sizing up, and more in some areas than in others.  Frankly I just don't have that much time.  So here's my top 5 of the late 1980s to mid 1990s patterns I wish I could find the time to make again in my current size:

I made the skirt in black linen blend, and the blouse in a fabulous textured grey silk
made in a floral poly-cotton for a party: I loved this dress
made in a red poly-cotton: another one I loved
much loved in navy handkerchief linen - given away after too much shrinkage
made in shorter length in burgandy velvet - some issues but lots of potential
So many sewing wishes, so little time!

5 comments:

  1. Thankyou for your comment on my jacket!
    Oh wow, some of those patterns are really beautiful. I particularly love that Ralph Lauren sundress. I've lost or mislaid some patterns from my past that I still feel sad about and wish I could make up again today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your selection of patterns, I had the Ralph Lauren one and I think mine was in a khaki linen, so late 80's early 90's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Carolyn - yes, that Ralph Lauren sundress pattern was a knockout! I hope you come across some of your old favourites second hand one day...

    Thanks Gardam, I'll bet the Ralph Lauren was lovely in khaki linen! Yes, I think you're right - I should've checked the years on the envelopes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Gabrielle, I'm very happy to see you want to make the Chloe again. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carmencita, I loved your version of this dress - seeing the work that went into it, I don't honestly know how I did it all those years ago!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...