I said I was going to "make a start on a couple more knee-length skirts, and ... see if there's anything useful in my UFO pile". Well, ever the optimist when it comes to sewing!
Here's what I made: a blue linen skirt:
I didn't use a pattern for the skirt but basically it's like my poppy skirt but with a waistband added and deeper pleats.
I think this fits me better than the poppy skirt but doesn't hang as nicely :-( in the front.
Anyway it's very comfortable and it's unlined, so should be useful when the weather is hot and the dress code informal.
I did also manage to dig about in my UFO collection. There were some surprises there - some projects that will take very little time to complete! Doesn't mean I'll get to them though.
And then there was this 1/2 made jacket:
Now theoretically this jacket, being of the same fabric, could go with the skirt above - and then there would be a (casual) suit. But honestly - just look at it!
This was one of the first sewing projects I embarked on when I started sewing again. It's pattern 115 from Burda magazine 2/2009, which is usually sent to Australia by rowboat, so I would probably have started this in about June 2009 or later. The shoulders look particularly amateurish even with shoulder pads in, but the collar is also shocking and I think I cut the sleeves too short (they're supposed to be 3/4 length). I'd love to tell you I'll be fixing this up pronto but it's low on my priority list as I'm pretty sure it would be a lot of effort.
Next post I hope to be able to show you another skirt or a dress; I have some nice new silk twill that's all washed and ironed and ready to go. No promises though as I am also way overdue on a knight's costume and a 3-year old's dress.