So here's the latest:
It hasn't photographed very well in the bright daylight, so here's a closeup:
This dress was made using pattern 148 from issue 6/2010 of BurdaStyle in a size 110cm height significantly lengthened as specificied by the client. I didn't really have enough of this fabric (or the trim,come to that) for anything more than a mini dress - hence the blue linen band around the bottom (scraps from my recent beach skirt).
Arm holes and neck hole are finished with a darker coloured bias binding, which I'm getting better at yay!
I finished this up late last night and wasn't sure if it was going to be a bit snug through the shoulders and torso so I added a button tab (gives a tiny bit more room in the back shoulders) and a very adult zipper concealed down the left hand side seam.
I had expected the blue linen band would be a bit of a problem. I was specifically instructed yesterday to use pale pink linen, because otherwise the dress would be "blue all over" - but the pale pink looked awful! Luckily my little client is not too fussy so long as the end result is pretty.