Wednesday 7 September 2011

A little Liberty

This is one of the *other* little tops from Simplicity 1403, well and truly OOP but widely available on ebay and everywhere else. Wish I'd realised that when I bought it - I might have gotten the right size for myself!

Late at night, so as usual, excuse everything including my closed and weary eyes. And nearly inside out neckline.




proof that the neckline is alright
The fabric is a small remnant of Liberty Tana Lawn - Fairford it's called, and I think it might also be OOP as it seems hard to find. The pattern only needs about 0.6m of wide fabric for this little top - I had 0.7m and I was able to lengthen the top by a couple of centimetres as well as cutting out generous facings for the neckline. Very useful to have a stashbuster in your pattern repertoire, n'est-ce pas?

I haven't sewn with Tana Lawn before but I think this will be a perfect weight for our sultry summer days. 


As with that jersey top from the same pattern I had to make this pattern larger. I think I should have made it larger still.... overall it has worked out as I wanted though.

Thanks to Sherry's tutorial, my invisible zip which is contained down one side is my best yet!  I still have a ways to go before I can be relied upon with a zip though :-(

I guess I will have to practise, so I will just have to keep sewing.
  It's my duty!








I don't know what it's like in your house - maybe there are no little monsters, or maybe there are some but they know about going to bed at a reasonable hour and then staying in bed all night! If mine get up tonight I will see if this picture can send them back to bed:

go to bed!

PS Is there a really exhausting (shouting, arguing, crying) 4 year old version of "terrible twos"??? If so, when can we expect it to end?



5 comments:

  1. What pretty fabric! Great top. I also have a four year old, she is also headstrong. Fingers crossed that "this too shall pass!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your top is lovely , such a great shape and the fabric is pretty. I also have a 4 almost 5 year old and I certainly know exactly what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this top - the fabric is perfect for this pretty style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I will have to try a few more vintage patterns - it's fun to make something that's a little different.

    Maybe most 4 year olds are headstrong... we have just had an easier weekend than usual; I wish I knew the triggers for the monster behaviour!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...