I started this dress in November I think, but of course the pattern has been around for years.
I thought this dress looked practical for sticky summer work days, so despite my whinging about the recent heatwave, in a way I hope we get some more warm weather out of summer.
The details: my version is made from black linen, with black lining. I started with a size 12, which fitted me around the shoulders, and did a dodgy grading up job as required around waist and hips. I added to the length midway down the skirt (in fact I don't think I needed the extra length), but left the high waist where it was and sewed a 1/2 belt and vintage fastening to the front waist. Otherwise I think I followed the patern instructions to the letter.
Since it's so hard to take photos of a black dress in the middle of the night, I tried the dress on my dear dummy (still sans post). I hope you can make these out but if they just look like black geometric shapes let me know and I'll have another go at taking photos within the daylight hours.