The dress was made in secret as a birthday present so it couldn't be tried on along the way - so I'm pleased to see it does fit. It's based on BurdaStyle 10/2010-151 in a 110cm height, also described as suiting an age of 6.
|front view (hanger too wide)|
|back view - ties very hard to make out|
I made a few small changes to the pattern (and just ignored the instructions):
- ties that do up in a bow at the back, in case the dress was a lot too wide
- full rather than 3/4 length sleeves - just the sleeves from blouse #151 in the same issue
- skirt lined in cotton voile
- bodice faced in self-fabric for winter cosiness (instead of binding at the neckline)
|oops not a very neat zip and the wrong colour of thread!|
- a button on the front - I had a button for each colour in the dress and was originally going to sew them in a line down the centre front bodice, but I simply ran out of time
Apart from finishing that dress I also had to make and ice cupcakes. I baked 120 mini vanilla cupcakes and iced 80 of them with butter cream and lollies for my dd's kindy and for a work morning tea.
I thought icing and decorating would be fun for the kids, but it might just turn into a lolly-eating fest, given that here's how they decorated the chocolate birthday cake:
Next up I have to make a dress for a dinner function. I have to! Grrrr... it's so much more fun to be carried away on a whim... Anyway, the fabric is very nice medium weight rose-coloured lace, and I'm thinking of keeping it as a very plain 3/4 sleeve sheath shape. I hope I can make myself do it!