I've made another of those BurdaStyle dresses (10/2010-151) for my daughter, another variant from the same original pattern. My earlier versions are here and here. This one is loose and light, intended for active summer wear but also good for layering with optional fairy wings.
I am really not keen on this fabric - it's a quilting quality cotton that's way too fussy and floral for my usual tastes - but it's the one my daughter selected from a huge (stash) selection. And I suppose it was only ever in there because I'd thought she'd like it.
|these colours are true|
In this version of the dress I made several changes:
- lengthened the bodice by a few centimetres,
- significantly narrowed the skirt (fabric constraints...),
- added in-seam side pockets,
- added facings for the neckline, and
- lowered the neckline a little all the way around.
|but these tulips don't look quite right, do they!|
|I'm pretty happy with the rolled hems|
The Boss is satisfied for the time being.