Friday 23 September 2011

V2 of V1098 Pants are Done!





Yes, they are done. And they are marching through the garden, looking for a more photogenic spot.

They feel a bit tight. And I intend to re-hem them. 







But I can certainly wear them! That's cause for a small celebration, right? A few balloons?



So... not much to say that I haven't already said about this pattern (Vogue 1098) here when I made the pants first time around. It's a good basic pattern if you want a boot leg style of pants.
This fabric is a smooth lightweight summer wool suiting from The Fabric Shop in Sydney. Probably this style works best with fabric that is not too lightweight, so probably my first pair looked better. However, the first pair had a hardware malfunction (a zipper issue), so they are gone-ski. This second pair is much better put together... much less embarrassing if ever seen inside out!


I don't think I'll be making another pair of these - I'm fancying the more tapered look now.... but who knows how long till I make more pants anyway.

7 comments:

  1. They look great! Construction as good as ready to wear, but a much better fit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so elegant - you've done a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look wonderful. Some of my favorite pants are made of lightweight wool suiting. It wears like iron. I am also considering making some tapered leg pants using patterns in the last few issues of Burda magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pants look terrific. I like the boot-leg. Great photography, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your comments - I really appreciate your taking the time to post some feedback.

    Thanks Robyn, thanks Karin! I do hope my construction skills are improving with practice! But as usual, the more you learn the more you realise you don't know...

    Audrey I am glad to hear this fabric should wear well, and even though I feel the style is a bit ho hum I'm sure these pants will get plenty of wear just because they fit. You will probably get around to the tapered pants before me, so I'll look forward to seeing yours!

    Thanks Gwen - the photos turning out was kind of lucky though as I just had the camera on timer setting on a chair in the (sloping) garden, and the camera was shifting a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully made, and I'm sure they will be very useful. They look as if they would go with everything. Elegant classy garments like these are always fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Carolyn - I hope they will go with everything!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...